Las Piñas News
DPWH completes Las Piñas flood control project
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) reported the completion of the PHP120.76-million flood control structure in Las Piñas City.
According to DPWH Secretary Mark Villar, the multimillion project will protect residents from the overflowing water of Las Piñas River during a heavy downpour.
The flood control structure was completed on June 29, 2019, exactly one year after the construction started last June 29, 2018.
Citing a report from the agency's Las Piñas-Muntinlupa District Engineering Office, Villar said the project covers the construction of 325.80 square meters long and 5.40 meter high retaining wall with 5.50 meters width of maintenance road.
“The construction of the river control project with retaining wall and box culvert will smoothen river water flow and prevent flooding in nearby areas along Barangays Pamplona 3 and Pulang Lupa 2 in time for the rainy season,” he said in a statement.
With this, the DPWH official noted that a total of 512 families of informal settlers previously living along the river were provided proper relocation in coordination with the Urban Poor Affairs Office of Las Piñas City.
The clearing and widening of rivers, creeks and esteros are part of a solution to prevent inland flooding in Metro Manila.
This is in line with the department’s thrust to protect lives and properties from natural disasters by building resilient and quality infrastructure.
Manila City Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso said President Rodrigo R. Duterte's leadership and type of governance inspired him to strive hard in reforming his city. He made the commend after the president commended the mayor for ...
The Department of Education said it plans to restore the government assistance and subsidy (GAS) program for private schools. In a statement on Wednesday, DepEd Undersecretary for Finance Service and Education Programs Delivery Unit Annalyn Sev...
The camp of former Pasig City Mayor Robert Eusebio is seeking a reversal of the decision of the Commission on Elections Second Division which earlier junked his election protest against incumbent mayor Vico Sotto. The Comelec Second Division dismiss...