Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The Philippine men’s volleyball team defeated Thailand with a 17-25, 25-20, 23-25, 27-25, 17-15 victory Sunday night to advance to the gold medal match of the 30th Southeast Asian Games at the PhilSports Arena. The Filipino spikers ranked...
The Department of Public Works and Highways-National Capital Region (DPWH-NCR) said it completed the rehabilitation of Don Alejandro Roces Avenue in Quezon City. Director Ador G. Canlas said, the Quezon City II District Engineering Office intently h...
State-run Social Security System (SSS) said more than 60,000 Filipinos in South Korea will soon enjoy the benefits of social security coverage and protection both from their host and mother countries following the signing of the bilateral agreem...
The Philippine Commission on Women in partnership with the Men Opposed to Violence against Women Everywhere (MOVE) Philippines organized a Solidarity Walk as the culminating activity of the 18-day campaign to end VAW at Lapu-Lapu Grandstand in Camp A...
The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) thew its support behind the Manila City government which declared the Panday Sining as persona non grata for defacing walls in the city. "We congratulate the City of Manila for thi...
Concessionaires Manila Water and Maynilad Water are dropping their claims for billions of pesos in uncollected water rate hikes which were earlier awarded to them by international arbitration courts. The two firms said they would no longer ask the g...