Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso expressed shock after the Manila Police District (MPD) confiscated hundreds of illegal firearms in Baseco Compound in Manila last week. Last August 11, MPD has recovered at least 62 assorted ...
A Quezon City councilor asked the Department of Transportation (DOTr) to explain why it shelved the Manila Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) projects. Quezon City Councilor Winston “Winnie” Castelo has questioned the department for failing to impl...
One of the operators of public markets in Manila, XRC Mall Developers Inc., settled a P12.9 million portion of its P14.38-million debt, a day after Manila Mayor Isko Moreno gave them 72 hours to settle their unpaid obligations. “I ho...
More unregistered Navoteños have received their birth certificates through the free late birth registration program of the city government of Navotas. An additional 145 Navoteños benefitted from the waived fees, penalties and charges o...
Senate President Vicente Sotto III said on Friday the discomfort over the sharing of sex-separated public restrooms with transgender people must be considered in the discussion of having equal access to such social space. In a text message to report...
Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte assured that the city-wide clearing of obstructions and illegal structures will be sustained after the 60-day period given by President Rodrigo Duterte. Speaking to reporters before the demolition of the Damayang Lagi ...